Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Day in the Country



My grandpa has dementia, and my mom's siblings take turns each day to take care of him. My mom's day is Thursday. Every Thursday I ride with my mom, an hour away, to visit my grandpa and enjoy the peaceful nature. Growing up, we've always called where my mom's family lives as "the country." We'd say, "We're going to the country today," and automatically know it's my aunts house. I love coming here; it connects me to the beauty of nature and God's creation. It's very mind clearing.



Not only is my aunt's property relaxing and mind clearing but the drive is as well. My mom and I always have heart to heart talks on those hour long drives, while listening to our local christian radio. We talk about our feelings, dreams, hopes, and stresses while riding down single-lane roads surrounded by grassy, farm-ready fields.










No comments:

Post a Comment

ADORATION STUDIOS DESIGN