Thursday, April 9, 2015

Homemade Hummus

My dad recently told me that there 's been a recall on Sabra Hummus because the bacteria, Listeria, was found. I LOVE hummus, and I usually eat some everyday. Our fridge rarely doesn't contain hummus. I thank God that we have not recently purchased more! Initially, my reaction was fear and to never buy hummus again, or at least the brand. As irrational and fearful as this may be, I decided to make my own hummus.
"Fear not, for I am with you." - Isaiah 41:10 








Prep time: About 20 minutes
Cook time: About an hour

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans)
1/4 cup Tahini
1/4 cup fresh Lemon juice
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 of clove of minced Garlic
1/2 tsp Salt
4 Tbsp of water (from the beans)
1/2 tsp of cumin
6 dashes of hot sauce (adds flavor, not spice)

Steps: 
1. Rinse the chickpeas well
2. Follow the cooking instructions for chickpeas (boil for about an hour)
3. Drain the chickpeas but keep the water
4. Combine Tahini and lemon juice in food processor
5. Add and blend olive oil, garlic, salt, and cumin
6. Add chickpeas and blend
7. Add water to achieve the right constancy



No comments:

Post a Comment

ADORATION STUDIOS DESIGN