Wednesday, October 21, 2015

An Aching Heart




Separation from my family has left me longing for their love and comfort. Some days my bones feel fragile, my spirit feels weak, and my heart feels empty.
My heart aches for love, crying for the genuine love of my mother, yearning for the warming embrace of my father, wanting the laughter of my sister, and looking for the smirk of my brother. This hungry heart craves more and feels deprived.
"Home is not just where I lay my head, but it's where we're together."

Don't give up. Don't let fear win. Don't lose hope.

Everybody hurts sometimes. Everybody has heartache sometimes. It's a beautiful and necessary part of life to learn and to grow. Don't push those feelings down. Don't try to cover them up; the wound will only get deeper. Let the heartache come to the surface, into the light of His presence, where He can free you.

"Remember that all good things--your possessions, your family and friends, your health and abilities, your time--are gifts from Me. Instead of feeling entitled to these blessings, respond to them with gratitude. Be prepared to let go of anything I take from you, but never let go of My hand!" - Jesus Calling
My own strength is faltering, non-reliant, and failing, but He comes to the rescue.
You can't save yourself.

"Depend on the Lord and His strength; always go to Him for help." - Psalm 105:4
"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him, and He helps me." - Psalm 28:7

Strength from the Lord is steadfast. His strength never fails. In those unclear moments, He's the one keeping me strong. I am learning everyday to depend on the Lord for strength. Only He can fill my aching heart. Only He can satisfy. He understands our weaknesses. Let us come before Him and lay our sorrows down. "Come all heavy laden, don't wait for tomorrow." He will set your feet on solid ground.
"Draw near to Me, and My presence will envelope you in love." - Jesus Calling 

His love is perfect. His love is everlasting. Soak in His presence. Really soak. Rest in His embrace.
Let His presence sink into your aching body. 
Let His love fill you, saturate you, and mend your broken heart. 
Let His presence embrace your fragile bones, and make them strong. 
Let His peace consume your weary spirit, and uplift it. The Lord reaches down and saves your weary heart from drowning, but you must reach out to Him for help. 
Living in His presence gives you true joy. 

"I pray that Christ will live in your hearts by faith and that your life will be strong in love and be built on love." - Ephesians 3:17 
"Christ's love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love." - Ephesians 3:19

His love can fill the emptiness that separation from your family has left. If you feel bummed, draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.
His love conquers all 
Remember: "If you never leave home, never let go, you'll never make it to the great unknown. "
"Pain is just a place. Don't let the fear become the hate."
Keep fighting. God has amazing opportunities waiting for you! He has the great unknown planned for you!

Dear mom and dad,
At times I miss you so dearly, but I am learning and experiencing so many important values of life. I am continually learning to grow in dependence of the Lord and to seek joy from Him. The Lord is showing himself over and over again in so many areas of my life. I am certain God has me where I'm suppose to be. I am meeting so many amazing brothers and sisters in Christ, and I get this amazing opportunity to let God use me as a vessel for His work.
I want to take this time to thank you for everything you've done for me and taught me. One day I will find a way to give you back what you've done for me. You've done nothing but the best for me, and I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADORATION STUDIOS DESIGN