Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Big Change: a daunting road ahead



Graduation is on the horizon, and consequently I can't stop thinking about life after high school. This is going to be a big change that will take faith, time, and strength. I'm gonna be honest, I'm terrified. It's like jumping into murky water. Unsure. Unclear. Since it's inevitable, I will jump into this unknown holding tight onto God's hand.



I have so many dreams and hopes, but I don't know if they line up with God's plan for me. How can I know for sure which decision is right, and the universal fear, "What if I fail?" Failure is just God redirecting your life. It's just like when siri redirects your route if you take the wrong turn.

I think the hardest part about this new chapter will be the separation from my family and growing independent. I love my family to death, and I'm trying to take in all the time I have left with them. I'm even appreciating the little things that get on my nerves because I know that, once I'm gone, I will wish for those little aggravations again.
It's easy for me to look back on my innocent, carefree childhood and wish to be back in that time. I try to immediately expurgate these feelings as soon as they arise. I have to remind myself to live in the present and not waste time looking in the past.


The Jesus Calling from yesterday is literally perfect. It's exactly what I needed to hear and pertains exactly to what I'm going through.
"This is a time in your life when you must learn to let go: of loved ones, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence, where you are complete. Take time to bask in the Light of My Love. As you relax more and more, your grasping hand generally opens up, releasing your prized possession into My care. 
You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes through awareness of My continual Presence. The one who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: 'I am the same yesterday, today, and forever.' As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand. Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you."
It's so crazy how exact this is! I wrote most of this post before I read the devotion for March 24!
If you've never heard of the devotion Jesus Calling I highly encourage you to check it out! It's helped get my through high school!

So here I go not looking back and not looking ahead, but instead looking up, squeezing God's hand.
If God is on my side, who can be against me?

College goals:
1. Grow more and more in love with Jesus
2. Meet people who share goal #1
3. Don't let fear make my decisions
4. Encourage others to pursue God
5. Travel
6. Find a way to do what I love while also making a living
7. Follow God's will for my life
8. Be spontaneous
9. Expand my independence
10. Be Bold
11. Learn more photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADORATION STUDIOS DESIGN